Thursday, March 5, 2009

You are no longer welcome in my home!

Dear Misters Influenza, Sinus infection and Ear infection:

I would truly appreciate it if the three of you would pack up your belongings and exit my home IMMEDIATELY! We have accommodated some or all of you for the better part of a week now and as a sleep deprived MOM, I am commanding that you cut your stay short and leave. You have left me with no energy and here I am at 11:30 at night listening to my 4 year old daughter crying with an owie throat and a painful ear. Thanks a heap for the gifts, but really you could have kept these ones to yourselves! Tomorrow, with all the strength I can muster up, I will be cleaning, deep cleaning as to remove all signs of your unpleasant visit. So please, please, please leave us in peace!

Yours truly,
Tired, exhausted, delirious MOM

PS Please close the door quietly behind you as the 4 yr old FINALLY fell asleep.

7 other opinions:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

AMEN!! We're still cleaning up the aftermath of having the 5-8 long day stomach flu. I'm beyond sick of being sick!

Sheri said...

I hope you are all feeling 100% soon. Hugs.

Bob Norman said...

Been there done that!

Momma said...

"Favorite Memory":
I have the flu-doing my best to stay alert and deal with kids.
Daniel-"uh mom, Michael just went to the bathroom and the water and 'everything' in the toilet is coming out onto the floor.
NOT a fun day :-)

Melissa said...

back amongst the blogging world i see? welcome back! i have been deliriously spraying my house...and even my car, with lysol spray and wiping everything with the lysol wipes, and drenching everyone in the house in hand sanitizer. i am sorry you are so sick! hope you have a better day. tell jason to come home early so you can take a nap!!!

jen said...

you are hilarious! i sure hope you get feeling better SOON!

Melanie said...

Very true! Worst house guests ever!