Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Here I am!



After much anticipation, I'm back. I have great news; tonight I finished my last Christmas card of 250 that I have made in the last 3 weeks for the Pumpkin Walk. I still have some misc. cards that I will be making and selling individually, but my necessary cards are complete! (doing the happy dance!!) And more great news, I beat my sinus infection with only doing my nasal rinses, yeah no antibiotics needed!! Bear with me here, you are about to enter my week in review. If you don't have 10 minutes on your hands to catch up with me, you may want to check back later! :o)

CONFERENCE WEEKEND:

Boy what a cold, dreary day it was on Saturday. It was 61 in the house that morning. He set up the space heater to warm up the family room and it sure did work!

Jason and Lorenzo started off conference weekend by taking our ward's turn to clean our church. They were in a class room cleaning when Renzo saw pictures of the First Presidency on the wall and point and said "That is President Hinckley." Then a little while later they were down the hall of the other ward's bishopric. My brother David and brother-in-law Greg are in the bishopric in that ward. Renzo was looking at pictures on their bulletin board pointed to a picture of David and said, "Hey, he is not a president; he is just a silly guy that can take his thumb off!" So now we know that having the ability to take your thumb off is not as important as being president of the church!


It was so nice having a stay at home day; the kids really enjoyed it too. Jason and Lorenzo played The Game of Life, and Lorenzo stomped Jason. Lorenzo ended up with $1.165 million dollars, twin boy & girl and then another boy, Jason had $620,000 and had boy, girl, boy, boy. Lorenzo, a millionaire at age 5, top that one Bill Gates!! :o)


I spent the day...can you guess??...making cards!! I always am able to pay attention better when I have something hands on to do while listening to conference. I was touch most by the talks from the Elder that spoke before Elder Holland, Sister Beck and Elder Eyring.


It was really cute. Claire would lead the music during conference. I got a few pictures of it; I just wished our camera wasn't on the fritz. It seems like whenever I get a cute shot ready to go, it loses focus and then I have to wait for it to refocus and then the shot is gone! Phooey on it!

RED RIBBON WEEK/COLUMBUS DAY:


Monday was to start of red ribbon week. Lorenzo got a cool drug free red and purple bracelet to remind him to be drug free. He was a bit confused and thought anything that was "unhealthy" was a drug. He told me that his teacher said he couldn't have any of our candy corns because he was drug free. I had to explain a little more what drugs were, I think he gets it a little better now. He and Claire decorated the pine tree outside with berries for the Red Ribbon Festival they were planning.


Renzo also learned about Christopher Columbus on Monday. He told me he was a discoverer and had 3 boats. He remembered the Santa Maria and with a bit of coaxing he recalled the Nina and Pinta too. He is such a smarty pants.


I do kid swapping with my sister-in-law Stacey. I watch Timmy and Sabrina on Monday mornings while she volunteers at school. She in turn watches Claire on Tuesdays while I either clean Pat Treadway's house or volunteer in Renzo's class.

TODAY IS TUESDAY:

Here we are back to TODAY! Claire played at Timmy's while I helped in the Math center in Renzo's class. Wow, kindergarten teachers have so much PATIENCE! I do really great with other peoples little kids, but I couldn't do it all day everyday. I loved being in the Primary, but that was only for a couple hours once a week. Hats off the teachers!

Well there you have it. You are now updated! I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I can always blog that another day.

1 other opinions:

jen said...

YO...Time for a new blog!