Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ahhh a not so hectic day!



Claire and Jason racing. If you look close in the first picture, Claire is suspended in air!

Today was a welcome break from the last 3 days. After dropping off Lorenzo, we came home and Claire took an hour long bubblebath and I enjoyed the silence.

After school, we had lunch and the kids took rests. Claire ended up napping for over 3 hours, these last 3 days must have taking it's toll on her too. I have decided that we will do the friend thing at most every other day, just to ensure my sanity.

I have reserved a booth at the Pumpkin Walk out at the Benson Grist Mill on Oct. 19 &20. I will be selling handmade Christmas cards and other occasional cards. The last week I have turned into a card making machine. I am determined that these cards will be a success!





The Great Berry War!!

We all had fun this evening in the great Berry War. Jason and the kids were picking the little berries off our trees and bushes and pelting each other with them. It was great enjoying this fleeting moment of Fall before it turns into snowball fights and building forts.

I went with my friend Liz to the bookclub our previous ward has. I'm not a big reader, unless it has big print and colorful pictures. Infact I jokingly say, "If the book is good enough, they will make it into a movie!!" :o) The book was The Secret and technically I have not "read" the book, but apparently it was really good because they did make it into a movie and I have seen it multiple times. I really like the book/movie and the concept it brings, but I would much rather base any validity on a quote from Howard W. Hunter.

Beings of Power
As a being of power, intelligence, and the master of his own thoughts, a man holds the key to every situation, to make his life what he chooses it to be. When he discovers the divine power within his soul, he can lead his life to a God-like nature. If one dreams lofty dreams, so shall he become. There is magic in the way one thinks. If we expect the worst, we will get the worst. If we expect the best, we will receive the best. If we train our minds to have faith in God and ourselves, we are using one of the great laws of life. If we think and live righteously, happiness will find its place in our lives. It is amazing when we expect the best how forces are set in motion which cause the best to materialize. (83-02)

Our thoughts more than circumstances determine the course of our lives. Outward circumstances do not determine the course of our lives as much as the thoughts that habitually occupy our minds. These thoughts carve their impression on our faces, in our hearts, and on the tablet of our eternal souls.


(Howard W. Hunter, The Teachings of Howard W. Hunter, edited by Clyde J. Williams [Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1997], 74.)

2 other opinions:

jen said...

I haven't read the book or watched the movie but I do LOVE that quote!!!! It's fun to get out and play with friends, but I agree that every other day is best when you have little ones. My kids want to play every day but I can see that they act out more when they do that. Playing at home with eachother is just fine!

ldNicholls said...

I too LOVE that quote...I have multiple copies of it scattered around the house...even in the car!
Claire huney..you keep up the racin' with your dad, it's good to see him exercising :) Lorenzo-looks like the berry fight was tonz of fun. Love ya