Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A day in the life...





So, it is no surprise that Lorenzo is a HUGE Star Wars fan. He role plays characters every day! He is dressed up here like Anikan Skywalker on his pod racer (a 5 gallon paint can and our air compresser that is housed in our living room until we are done with it in the kitchen.) "What's that behind his ear?" you ask. Some rope from one of our Bear Den meetings that is playing the part of Anikan's braided hair. Who needs to buy expensive costumes when all the making of a true Jedi lay around the house!!

It is also no surprise that Lorenzo is quite the ham. In Primary on Sunday they practiced for the Sacrament Program that will be coming up here in the next little while. "Miss Reader, my music teacher" as he refers to her, promised to leave each child a treat on their doorstep if they would sing their very best each week, at least that is what he told me. So through out Sunday afternoon and evening he would open the front door to see if there was a treat there, each time nothing. I finally told him that she must have meant she would bring one after the Program as a big thank you, he agreed. Then at 7:45pm the doorbell rang, it was Sister Reader, Lorenzo was already in bed so I went and got him up. She gave him his treat, which we put safely in the fridge for the next day. What she told us, cracked Jason and I up, and even today we laughed about it. Apparently after she made the treat announcement on Sunday, Lorenzo went up to her and said, "Now I'm the one that lives over on Colavito" making sure that she didn't not forget nor get confused at where his treat could be delivered.



Claire took a nap with her panties on today, and no accidents!! She was so happy and was so excited when Daddy got home so she could tell him the great news. Lately Claire has been cooking up a storm on my sofa, she is currently kitchenless. I am on the hunt for the perfect kitchen for her for Chirstmas. We have some friends that have one of those adorable Step 2 Deluxe kitchens that she obsesses over whenever we go over. Today her speciality menu included hot chocolate water, pssghetti and pizza, all you can eat. After 3 platefuls and 2 cups I was stuffed! :o)

With all this sudden cold weather I decided it was time to buy some warm clothes for the kids. Unfortunately I came away with only 3 items in the right size. Looks like I get to head to the customer service desk tomorrow.

Today was my first day volunteering in Lorenzo's kindergarten class. I hadn't told him I was coming, just that there would be a special vistor today. The suspense killed him, and I don't think that mom as the HUGE surprise lived up to his expectations. Lorenzo has a new buddy at school, Garion Cox. He went over to Garion's yesterday, and then visa versa for today. The two of them have it all worked out that they would just switch every other day, but somehow I don't see that materializing.



3 other opinions:

jen said...

YUM! psgettie. I want some. I'm wating for a response on that kitchen. Renzo is hilarious with the treat being delivered over on Colavita.

ldNicholls said...

Can we hire Claire to be our new cook? Lorenz :) reminds me so much of Jason when he was little !

Sheri said...

I just got Shaylee a kitchen for her birthday. You'll have to check it out and it only cost $35