Saturday, September 29, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...Christmas!?!

I feel like Rip Van Winkle. I went to bed last night having had a nice warm summery day and woke up 3 months later in December! Where on earth is Fall??

It was a very fun snowy day though. I worked on making my Christmas cards for the Pumpkin Walk. Jason set up our food storage room (currently the unfinished bathroom in the basement) and also worked on the backsplash, Claire played and Lorenzo drew. With all the snow Claire kept saying, "It's Tismis time, it's Tismis time!" To kids snow=Christmas!!

I got GROUNDED!! :o(

I went out front to take a picture because I could not believe how much snow was coming down and that it was actually sticking around. When I got back inside Lorenzo told me I was grounded. What? Apparently Lorenzo watched me taking the picture out front and told Jason, "Mommy is in the street without hands, and she's wearing flipflops!" It is a rule that the kids don't go in the street without holding our hand. Busted! :o)


Santa these pictures are for YOU:


This is Santa and Lorenzo holding hands with a reindeer next to them.
It reads "reMBer Me I AM LoreNzo"


This is Lorenzo running downstairs Christmas morning to see his presents.


This is Santa and Lorenzo again with 2 reindeer and the sleigh they got loose from so they could play with Lorenzo.
There is a stamp in the upper left corner because Lorenzo wanted to mail this to Santa.
Also notice that Lorenzo drew himself in his SuperMan jammies!

All day Lorenzo kept drawing pictures for Santa and wanted me to mail each one to him. I told Lorenzo that we didn't need to mail things to Santa anymore because he has access to our blog and we could just post them there for him to see!

Do you want guacamole on your Claire burrito??
Claire was pretending to be cold all day (the house didn't get below 71) so she could drag her Dora blankie all over the house and swing it around. She kept asking me to wrap her up so finally I did and turned her into a lifesized burrito. Yum-o!

3 other opinions:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lorenzo,

Of course I remember you and your little sister Claire. Have you had fun playing with your pirate legos I brought you last year? Has Claire had fun playing with her Polly Pockets? I loved the pictures you drew for me, especially the one with you in your SuperMan jammies. Looks like you had a cold day just like I did here at the North Pole. Thank you again, and remember it's only 86 days until I come and visit you!!

Ho Ho Ho!
Santa

ldNicholls said...

So Julie, what are you going to do since you have been grounded? Love the pictures Lorenzo drew...quite the artist. Grandpa Moyd is quite tickled that Ren likes to draw :) Claire makes such a cute burrito...could you add some sour-cream too?
It snowed here too, was cold in the nite...the Hot Tub was so nice last nite

jen said...

CUTE stuff as I said when we chatted earlier. I'm slightly drugged up, so sorry if I was a little more out of it than my usual spaciness. That snow was CRAZY! I love the snow though and it was cool that it started snowing like 5 minutes before I delivered. Very cool.