Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sick and tired of being SICK and TIRED!!

The day after Easter, Jason was off to Vegas for work. I just never quite did get a real chance to unwind from our trip! Jason will be off again to Kansas City on April 14th thru the 18th, I'm dubbing myself the "Brown-widow" get it, UPS, brown, brown-widow! HeeHee!!

Last week around Thursday, Claire developed croup and was up during the night several nights in a row. One night she came in around 1:30 am, and told me, "I can't bureave (breathe)." So I got up with her and sat in a steamy bathroom for about 30 minutes. Then Saturday evening it hit me, I have had a really bad sore throat, no not strep, and a painful and annoying cough. Claire and I had to miss church on Sunday, Jason spoke in sacrament, so I was sad I had to miss it.

Sunday night I got all of 2 hours of sleep, Tuesday morning I was up by 3:00 am and this morning I was up at 5:00 am. I am so tired, but everytime I lay down, the cough gets worse. Needless to say I am POOPED!!

Sunday night we played a game of Go Fish at Lorenzo's request. This little boy is INTENSE when he plays games. I know it is typical for kids to want to always win, but Lorenzo takes it to a new extreme. Here are just a few of the funny things he said during the game.

After giving up a few of his cards to both Jason and I, he got mad and said, "This game is so... I don't want to say a naughty word!"

He had all his cards all in dissaray, I asked him for a card, he quickly looked at his hand and told me to "go fish." I asked how he knew what cards he had with them all jumbled up, he simply replied, "I am wise."

When the game was coming to an end, Lorenzo was clearly winning, but Jason ended up getting a match with one of Lorenzo's card. Lorenzo bursts out, "This is WAY LAME!!"

How to teach a 5 year old to be a gracious loser, or winner in this case!?!

4 other opinions:

Shelly said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you and Claire have been sick!! I missed my seating partner on Sunday :-( Lorenzo is hilarious! I love the "not wanting to say a naughty word"!

Dorene said...

I hope you both get feeling better. Lorenzo is just like his dad when he was little and played games...always had to win and when he didn't win..boy watch out...too funny!

jen said...

I love that he said he didn't want to say a naughty word. He is too dang funny!

Brittney said...

Julie...I like your blog! It is so fun to read (I hope you don't mind). We miss your family in the neighborhood.

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. I hope everything is going well with all of you.