Friday, October 31, 2008

Sauerkraut Dinner

October 25 we went up to the Sauerkraut Dinner in Providence, UT. (just outside of Logan) Sheri had reserved me a booth there to take another stab at selling my cards, and flower clips. I don't know if you remember but I went a little overboard last year when I went to the Pumpkin Festival last October and made 50 sets of Christmas cards and then a couple hundred misc. cards and sold a WHOPPING none!! :o) So things could only progress this year right?!? And I am pleased to say that they did, we had a 100% increase in sales...for all you mathematicians out there that means we sold ONE whole card!! No one really sold much, except for the jewelry people. Oh well, at least I have a 10 year supply of Christmas cards. Why are you laughing? I'm serious! The dinner was so YUMMY the turkey practically melted in your mouth, the stuffing was awesome and the sauerkraut was...skipped by me, Jason loved it! There was an incredible balloon man there that could literally make ANYTHING!! Lorenzo had tazer gun made, Claire a princess crown and me, Jason surprised me with a turtle...a TMNT that is, I think it was Rafael. How thoughtful and romantic is he!! Oh, I forgot to mention that Jason and I shared a brainless moment together. We had our suitcase all packed with church clothes, toiletries, Delia's clothes etc... there it was packed and laying on our bed, and there it stayed, packed and laying on our bed. Oops! :o) We made due, borrowed clothes, luckily Sheri had 4 extra toothbrushes and all was well and a fun time was had.

1 other opinions:

jen said...

Too bad about the suit case but also pretty funny that you guys are so DUMB. hee,hee. Congratulations on selling one card. I'm so proud of you! Really though that is dumb. I guess people just aren't into buying cards right now. I know they are absolutely adorable!!!