Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The child formerly known as Lorenzo!

So Jason shared with me this conversation he had with Lorenzo the other day.

Lorenzo: "So Dad, I want you to call me Isaac from now on."
Dad: "Why, do you want me to do that?"
Lorenzo: "Because all the kids at school make fun of me, they call me Lorenzo Snow."
Dad: "That's a good thing, Lorenzo Snow is a good person, he was a prophet."

Lorenzo left not being too convinced! It seems like no matter how hard you try kids always find something they can tease people over. I guess I should just be impressed that at this age they know who Lorenzo Snow is!! :o)

6 other opinions:

Sheri said...

Hopefully he will realize how wonderful it is to be compared to Pres. Snow. Isn't it sad how young they start the teasing? Hang in there Lorenzo. You have a FANTASTIC name! Hugs, Grandma Sheri

jen said...

He's a confident little guy so he'll get through it. Kids can be cruel, even though calling someone Lorenzo Snow is a compliment. Hopefully he'll see that his name is very cool and he's lucky not to have the same name as the other kids in class!

Shelley said...

Wow!!! Lorenzo Snow is impressive, but Isaac was an important biblical figure too, he really can't go wrong with either one.

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

Nate works with a guy named Lorenzo but they've nicknamed him "snow" also.. I love that name, I got teased with being called "Die Anna!" or "Princess"...Kids will be kids, as brutal as they might be.. Just tell him they tease him because they are jealous they don't have such a cool name!

Melanie said...

Well he is definatly in Utah!! i love that name and he will too. kids will be kids!

Ben and Stephanie Taylor said...

your background is really cute! sorry about the teasing. i hope it blows over soon. your kids are adorable!