Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Delia's blessing


We blessed our sweet little Delia this past Sunday, September the 7th. We had so fun with all our family that traveled to be here. Thank you all that came to support our family and bless Delia. Jason's mom made the GORGEOUS dress that Delia was blessed in, and I used ribbon from my wedding bouquet to make her hair bow, what a beautiful little girl she was! Sheri was an amazing help and held Delia all through Sunday school and Relief Society! After the block of meetings we had a yummy dinner. I had made shredded bbq chicken sandwiches. I cooked the chicken the night before and was so excited to be able to use the NEW roaster I had gotten for Christmas. To my great disappointment upon plugging it in, it started smoking and being really stinky, an apparent electrical problem. I ended up using my two crock pots and all was well in the universe! :o) However I cooked WAY TOO MUCH chicken, after collaborating with my sister, we decided to cook 10 lbs of chicken, nope, no typo there, I cooked 10 lbs. Needless to say it ended up being 5 lbs too much!!! :o) I was able to freeze the extra so I have two I don't feel like cooking dinners now!

4 other opinions:

Sheri said...

She was beautiful. Glad we were able to be there and be a part of her day! Hugs to all of you.

The Brickman said...

What a beautiful dress on a very popular girl. It looks like you guys had a great time.

Melissa said...

heck yea for freezer dinners! that pic of delia in the middle is so gorgeous, she is such a sweet litte ladybug. I am so lucky i can come over and snuggle her whenever i start getting baby hungry :)

Melanie said...

she is so darling! looks like a fun day:)